Tuesday 17 April 2012

Taper and eat.....

Completed my last 'long' training run last Sunday and again, once pretty darn accurate on the mileage stakes : I set out to do 12 miles in around 1.35 and ended up completing 11.92 in 1.33. Definitely couldn't leave it there so ran up the road a couple of times to round up to the targeted 12! That's it really until Sunday and the London marathon and all I need do now is stock up on fuel internally, which I have no problem doing to be honest.
Got the first of what I think will be many emails from RelayGB re the world record attempt happening just 2 weeks after London. It included a detailed map of my particular route and when I look at it, it scaringly looks a very long way! Most of the route is along country lanes where I know there are no street lights but as I'm running in the middle of the night, the support crew should be with me the whole way either in a car or on a bike so I will have some company. I know most of the route pretty well (one part of it is the old Purbeck 10k route so have run that many times. Now I have to run along the whole stretch of road rather than just half of it - that's my penance for always saying the route was boring!).
Had to 'up' the fundraising target yet again today : I've started to go round with my old fashioned paper sponsor form and it's working - another £85 promised so, as I was getting quite close to the £1,500 mark I've now upped it to £2,000 (hope it continues to need increasing!).
Weather isn't very good at the moment - extremely windy, wet and cold and the forecast for the weekend isn't looking particularly great. Really hope it improves in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment