Monday 9 April 2012

4 more marathons entered!

It's raining....what else to do other than browse the web for my remaining 4 marathons?! Job done....I've now entered the South Downs (very, very hilly!) on 9 June, Salisbury 54321 (love this one, having run it many times in the past) on 12 August (which will be just 5 days before the Anglesey CC), inaugural Purbeck event on 16 September (starting in Swanage and then reversing part of the 3rd day of the Jurassic but as a loop, finishing back in Swanage via Corfe Castle) and finishing on 23 December with the Portsmouth Coastal marathon. So 3 more trail / off roaders now appear in my final 20. I may have to look for one other as possibly won't be able to run in the Clarendon as we're looking to take a couple of weeks holiday early October.
Completed my last long training run (at least for now!) yesterday when I ran 18.3 on Easter Sunday. Ran from home down to Holdenhurst then across Iford fields to Tuckton, Wick Fields to Hengistbury Head then headed along the seafront to Bournemouth pier. Took the lower / upper gardens to Coy Pond then over Talbot Heath to the uni, back down to the Stour and followed it back to Throop. Unfortunately very dehydrated when I got home so struggled the last few miles : the weather is still chilly but I'd underestimated how warm I would get and in hindsight, should have taken a drink with me. Managed to grab a few mouthfulls of water along the prom but wasn't enough to see me home in good shape. Pleased though with the accuracy of my mileage guesses - needed to do 18 and had worked out the route in my head before setting out....almost bang on target! 2.30 so pretty good steady running at just under 8 minute miles and was comfortable until I got thirsty!
Two weeks now to London so need to start to pile on the food and taper the running - excellent!!

No comments:

Post a Comment