Saturday 31 March 2012

Fundraising update

Hit a HUGE milestone today - passed the £1,000 mark......and after just 10 days of my webpage being launched so thanks to everyone who has supported me so far.
I have no idea how this happened but I haven't ached at all since my marathon efforts last weekend : I was sore on the days I was running but nothing on Monday. Expected things to kick off on Tuesday, especially as I was back at work and sat down at a pc all day....nothing! Why!?!? I actually wanted to hurt....at least then I would have physically had the aches and pains to prove I'd run 82 miles at the weekend!
I was feeling so good that I joined the normal Tuesday running club at work for a speed session and although I was pretty exhausted lung wise, my legs felt fine. Thursday I was back with Bournemouth Joggers for an 'easy' 8 miler with Pat and to be honest, it was probably one of my best 'tarmac' runs for months.
This morning 6 of us BJs were up at the crack of dawn in order to catch the 6.42am bus from Ringwood to Salisbury for our last long training run before London in just 3 weeks time. I need to be back before 11am so Debs and I opted for the 18.3 whereas Caro, Laura, Angie and Juels stayed on the bus until the next stop meaning they would be running for 21.5. We were following the Avon Valley Path, one of my all time favourite long distance footpaths which runs from Salisbury to Christchurch. Due to the lack of rain the ground is incredibly hard and over some fields it was difficult not to keep turning your ankle on the old cow hoofprints. Weather wasn't as warm as it has been for the last couple of weeks, infact all of us were feeling pretty cold sat on the top deck of the bus, wishing we'd brought our gloves and an extra layer! Soon warmed up though once we got going and the scenery didn't let us down one bit : plenty of daffodils were still out as were the wild primroses and even bluebells were starting to make an appearance, a full month ahead of when they are normally out.
Got a bit tired towards the end but we were chatting all the way through. Debs' knee started to hurt a couple of miles from the car but hopefully with the longer runs now done and dusted, she can rest it in order to ensure she's on the start line in 3 weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment